Last year I made a rayon top using Butterick 5988. I loved the design as it is a nice alternative to a fitted woven T. The waist darts release into a box pleat which gives a slight peplum look. It was a very wearable muslin, but I had taken the side seams in quite a lot during fitting but the shoulders still felt very big.
When I did my wardrobe clean-out last month, I was making notes on gaps that I needed to fill and patterns that I should so again. One of my “opportunities” was to sew a couple of tops to go with one of my pants. It is a lovely Japanese cotton with a little bit of texture. The warp is black and the weft is a rusty colour. Continue reading “Butterick 5988 Floral Top”→