This project started of as a test garment for McCalls 7387, which was an utter fail. If it hadn’t been for the nice print and a perfect button placket (made using a new technique), I would have given up. With a bit of pattern tetris, I was able to transform it into a blouse that I love.Continue reading “A blouse within a blouse”
I’m in need of new jeans. My Knipmode TNT pattern is been used that many times, that it is at the point it needs to be redone ( lots of minor tweaks and the seam allowances are no longer even after so many cuts). Then I had this bright idea of drafting my own..Continue reading “New TNT Jeans”
I was immediately drawn to the design of the Gaia Keyhole Top by Sinclair Patterns. The design of the back is quite unique and a nice variation on a plain knit tank. Last year I’d downloaded their Sunset Lounge Pant when it was offered as a freebie but hadn’t got around to using it.
This was another pattern co that uses the tester promotional model of heaps of tester photos/glowing reviews when a new pattern is released. Usually it is a turn off for me, but I had received a survey from the pattern co a while ago that looked like they where genuinely looking for constructive feedback. So I decided to give the top a go and make up the pants as well. I’m glad I did.
Doing a happy dance. I pulled apart the top that I made last week and was able to remake into something I love. The pattern I’ve used is Knipmode Top 11 July 2019. That collar!! To make the best use of the fabric, I used with the peplum from Dress #10. Just love how this turned out. Yay!!!!
Sewing Project Score card
About these ratings
I had seen a few of the tester makes of the Donelle Top by Designer Stitch and I’d been tempted by the Harper Pant before. They are a Aussie pattern co, which is nice to see, so I decided to give them a try.
Normally I’m a but dubious about seeing heaps of tester photos, all with glowing reviews, when a new pattern is released. They strike me as being more promotional than actually testing the pattern. So many of the Indie pattern companies use this model. Usually, that is a turn-off for me. I’m curious if you feel the same?
I saw this bold bright brushstroke knit at The Remnant Warehouse and just couldn’t resist. Love the lime cotton knit too. Both nice for a pop of colour on a grey day.
The wrap knit wasn’t as successful – way to deep in the neckline. The tucked piece doesn’t have enough spread in the pattern piece and distorts the waist seamline. Continue reading “Something to brighten up a dull day…”
This project has been in the pipe-line for a while so it is nice to see it finished and finally blogged. I wanted to make a bomber/varsity jacket from a ‘graffiti’ jacquard fabric but finding the right pattern wasn’t as easy as I first thought. There is something about jacquard fabrics that I can’t resist. This one is from Elliot Berman Textiles. Continue reading “Graffiti jacquard bomber jacket”
Last year I made a rayon top using Butterick 5988. I loved the design as it is a nice alternative to a fitted woven T. The waist darts release into a box pleat which gives a slight peplum look. It was a very wearable muslin, but I had taken the side seams in quite a lot during fitting but the shoulders still felt very big.
Last October I did a mock-up of the the Cashmerette Ames Jeans. Armed with some stretch cotton, I’ve revisited the pattern to make a straight leg and skinny jeans.
I was looking for a top pattern to work with the knit below. It was purchased to make a knock-off of a top that I’d seen on Polvore (so sad the site is no longer running) that looked so similar to McCalls 6991. After I bought the pattern, I realised that the front piece is all in one, with the front piece folded at the hem to make the wrap. This would mean that the wrong, unprinted side of the print would show. 😦 Continue reading “Two for Tuesday: Kwik Sew 3658 knit tops”