Whooo-hoooo! I finally got this project done and dusted. Back in December, I made plans for some lingerie sewing. “Project C” was the one I really, really, REALLY wanted to work out well. So naturally, I procrastinated on starting it :-). Continue reading “‘Project C’ – Pleated olive and black bra set”
Sometimes the KISS approach is the best way to go. Continue reading “Burgundy Lace Top”
How many ways can can you a sleeve? Over the last month, I’ve been diving into different drafting methods and was surprised at how many different ways it can be done.
I wanted to make a close-fitting denim shirt, like in the tech drawing above. Shoulder yoke, front princess seams, shirt-tail hem, and long sleeves with placket and cuffs. The fabric is a lovely tencel chambray with printed dots. Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve done some more fitting with the armscye of my fitted blouse block that I used for the yellow shirt. I’ve used that block to draft this pattern. Continue reading “How many ways can you draft a sleeve?”
A short sleeved fitted shirt with collar and stand. Not overly remarkable in itself, but did I mention that I hand-drafted it, from my measurements?
Yay, I finally got the bodice block drafted and fitted. Like the pants block, this one also turned out to be a bit of an epic. Continue reading “Yellow Shirt – Drafted from scratch”
The heat wave continues, although I don’t think you can really call it a wave. It’s just continually HOT. And I think this heat will be around for most of February as well. At times like this I wish we had air-conditioning. Good weather to stay inside and sew Continue reading “Forty something…”
Despite the heat, the last couple of days has been quite productive with two bra/pantie sets and a strapless bra. My favourite would have to be the set made from a knit top that I rarely wear. It’s remake is quite stunning.
Time for some easy sewing projects. This time it is two t-shirts. The first is from my self-drafted relaxed fit t-shirt pattern. The second is a variation on a boat-neck t-shirt from Knipmode.
Before I go any further, I’d like to say a big thank-you to those of you who voted or commented on the design for my knitting project. The result was overwhelmingly for the V-neck with a short length. I’ve started the armhole shaping on the back. With a bit of luck I’ll have a finished jumper to show in the autumn. (I’m a very slow knitter). Continue reading “Simple sewing : Two knit Tees”
Remember those rust pants from a previous post that I was trying to find tops for? Well here is the second instalment : a casual summer blouse using Lekala 4420 Continue reading “Sew the look : Lekala 4420 Blouse”
When I did my wardrobe clean-out last month, I was making notes on gaps that I needed to fill and patterns that I should so again. One of my “opportunities” was to sew a couple of tops to go with one of my pants. It is a lovely Japanese cotton with a little bit of texture. The warp is black and the weft is a rusty colour. Continue reading “Butterick 5988 Floral Top”
This is the same pattern as in my previous post, but this time with twist. The fabric is one of those tech hiking fabrics, supposedly with moisture management and UV protection, that I see so often in RTW hiking shirts. It’s been in my stash for ages and I’ve always had plans to use it make a hiking shirt with all the bells and whistles. Continue reading “Pattern Hack: Hiking shirt with armpit and back vents”