It is hard to believe that the year is almost over. Time to have a quick look back at my original goals for the year and see how the year went.
I’d have to say that my 3 favourite things that I made this year was the swimsuit (Merckwaerdigh BAD24), the knit biker jacket (My Image M1459) and the pixel plaid wool shirt (Knipmode). All three have had a lot of wear and I’m planning another version of the swimsuit very soon. A close runner-up was a hand-dyed T-shirt – just love the colours. Probably the most challenging has been the hut booties for DH. I’m hoping the weather is a little cooler next week so I can finish off the second boot before I forget how it was done 🙂
I also took part in the SWAP on Artisans’ Square. The wardrobe rules were based around colour groupings and I finally started to “get” how to put colours together. While I’m still highly attracted to funky prints, I am thinking about the colours more and now I actually ask myself how the fabric will work in with my wardrobe. Alternatively, I do a winter version of the SWAP to work in the print I used for the Tosti Jacket.
So, back to my goals for the year…
- 7 of12 patterns selected at the start of the year were actually sewn. I did manage to sew number of other stash patterns
- the T-shirt project kinda fizzed
- SWAP was a big hit, as mentioned
- the tailored jacket – I made one using hybrid techniques. It would be nice technical challenge to make a traditionally tailored jacket, but realistically, I’d hardly wear it.
- fabric stash reduction – had a couple of binges here and there but at least the stash has reduced over the year. Sewing 36m of fabric in December for DH makes the final figures look pretty good
- handwoven garment – the fabric is woven and just waiting for winter to roll around again to sew it up.
All in all, the year was pretty good.
Thanks for reading and a huge thank-you to those who have left comments. I wish you all the best for 2017.